Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bye Bye Papi

Well today is my last day in Colombia. I fly out late afternoon.

We made it to Bogata safe. The flight was great and the children travelled well. Bettys place is awsome. The house is very nice. Our room is very big and nice. It reminds me of a mountain resport. I'm sure Wendy will post pictures once we get the cameral dilema figuered out. We gave Luci back her camara.

There are many restaurant walking distance from the house. Theres a grocery store almost right across the street. There is a dominos and McDonals. I dont like to eat fast food but that sure sounds good now. There are three parks walking distance that are very safe. Another family from New York is here. Theys have been here 10 days. They will show Wendy the "nieghboghood". They have adopted an infant. I believe he is a physician.

Staying here was a good decision. I feel much better knowing my family is here. It was a decision that Wendy and myself share mutually. We felt we would be much safer and the kids would be so much more comfortable here. Valledupar was a great experience that will last a liftime. We could not have asked for a better guide than Luci. She really cares about the adoptive familes. She stood right outside security in the airport within view of us while we waited in the terminal for an hour prior to boarding the plane! She was a godsend. We will all miss her, Manual and kids dearly. Hopeful we will all cross paths again someday.

Well I guess it's time to pass the torch to Wendy. Hasta Luega.

No comments: